Friday, January 06, 2006

Only 3 more weeks!

It's been a little while since our last post...not a lot has happened, but here's what has.

On Monday, January 2, I was at work and I started getting some really bad contractions. Now I know I've never really felt them before, because when it's a contraction, you know! So anyways, after i got off work at 6:00, Jason and I went to the hospital for a non-stress test. My doctor wasn't there, but her husband, who is also a doctor, was and he told me that by the way the stress test looked, he didn't want me exerting myself, so he called my doctor at home and asked her what to do. She said to put me on pelvic rest, which is just what it sounds like, pelvic rest! At least I don't have to stay in bed all day, because it would drive me absoloutly crazy! At least I can still clean the house and do dishes , etc. I am making Jason do the laundry, though, since I have to carry it all up and down two flights of stairs! ;) I can't work anymore, however, because I stand all day and I guess that puts pressure on the pelvis. So now I get to be lazy and watch movies all day! :) I watched Father of the Bride today. Tomorrow I am thinking about Titanic... hehehe
Also, this past week I have been really into cleaning, which hopefully means that I am close to the big day! Nothing can be clean or organized enough... I have folded and washed and re-folded and organized and washed and folded and re-organized Nichole's clothes, blankets, washcloths, etc. I cleaned out the refrigerator, too, the other day. I was tempted to again today, but I thought that would just be a little too much. I had her diaper bag packed months ago, but just recently took everything out and put everything back in, ?????? It's in the car and ready to go, along with the carseat, which has been there for a week or two already. It's crazy, because you hear about nesting, and you don't think it is really that bad, but it is! :) Oh, well! It keeps me busy.
We're just anxiously awaiting the day when I get to call him up, or wake him up, and say, "It's time, let's go to the hospital!" :) I have to admit, I am a little scared about having a little baby that depends only on the two of us. It's a little nerve-racking, but I think we'll do okay.... I hope we'll do okay. We are also looking forward to when Jason's brother Steve and his fiance Heather come to Idaho in February. It'll be nice to see them again! :)
Ok, well I've taken up enough room on this page for now. We'll keep you all posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

wait where are the pics i want so belly shots. :) well it looks like april instead of feb because that is when the girls have spring break and that way they do not miss a whole week of school. I am so excited to come up there also By then nichole will be smilling and everything how fun I cannot wait to see pocs of her also. well rest you nesting mother you and make him do more then laundry oh yeah 1 more thing you guys are going to just fine being mommy and daddy
Love ya
heather and the gang

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home